Monday, January 14, 2013

Mexican style Lasagna

I got this off of a blog and it was pretty good. Not what I was expecting.(not very Mexican) but it was really good.
A nice break from the average lasagna.
So anyways...
I love to cook for my husband..
He is really busy and I like to try and make dinner for him when i'm not otherwise occupied.
(he is a full time student, working a part time job at the school, and he is in the military, and a full time husband who tries his best to always be there for me even when he needs to be in two places at once)
I am grateful to have my wonderful loving husband!

NOW back to the "Mexican Lasagna"

-1 15oz Can Black beans (rinse & drain before using)
-1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
-2 Cans crushed tomatoes (fire roasted if you can find them)
- 4 to  5 green onion chopped
-1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1tsp. garlic powder
-1/2 tsp cumin
-9-12 no boil lasagna noodles
-8oz shredded Mexican blend cheese( If you like it cheesy I would use a little more on each layer)
-Hot sauce(I used hot sauce on each layer and couldn't taste it so feel free to use more)


Warm oven to 400 degrees F
Use a 9X9in pan
In large bowl combine black beans, corn, green onion, cilantro, dried oregano, garlic powder & cumin.
On bottom of pan put a thin layer of the crushed tomatoes.
Then place approx. 3 to 4 lasagna noodles on bottom of pan breaking pieces to fit if needed.
On top of those noodles spread 1/3 of mixture(beans/corn/ect) evenly.
layer about 1/4 of tomato to the top of the mixture and put some hot sauce on it(I put about 5 squirts on each layer and couldn't taste it at all) Then spread 1/4 cheese
Then repeat layering two more times
Then last, put one more layer of noodles on and use the last bit of crushed tomatoes and put the last bit of cheese on top.
Wrap tin foil and put in the oven for about 35-45 minutes
Let stand for about 10 minutes
Then enjoy =)

1

2

3

4
5

6

7

8

9
10

11

12

13
My hubby and I enjoyed it!
I hope you do too =)



No comments:

Post a Comment