Monday, January 14, 2013

Piquant Salad of sweet lime Pork(chicken) and noodles

Need:
Marinade/Dressing
(the dressing can be a little sour if not done right, so if you just want to use it as a marinade I'll put the amounts at the bottom of the post)
9 fresh limes juiced
2 1/4 tlbs sugar(I do it to taste)
1 tlbs Oil
3 cloves garlic
1 Anaheim chili
5 slices pickled jalapeno, more for hotter
1 bunch cilantro(cut off bottom)

Salad:
Romaine Lettuce
1 pkg spaghetti
Pork loin roast boneless 2 to 4 lbs( I use chicken instead and use about 3 slices about 2 to 4lbs)
1 Red onion cut in half and thin sliced
1 cup chopped cashews



Marinade:
Put all ingredients in blender. Puree until smooth. Put raw meat in gallon Ziploc bag and let sit for at least 15 minutes if you're in a hurry, or if you have time for an hour.

Meat:
Boil Chicken(I tried to cook in a frying pan but everything was burning to the bottom even with some oil so I decided boiling was better), when cooked drain and let cool, then cut into bite sized pieces.

Cook your noodles prepare lettuce, get the dressing ready, get the meat out and there you go you've got a very healthy salad!
I make extra everything because I eat it for a few day.( may sound crazy but I love this meal!)


(I forgot to take pictures while making it so in a month or two i'll make it again and post pictures)




Amount without dressing
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
3 cloves garlic
3 slices pickled jalapeno
1/2 cup cilantro
2 1/4 tlbs sugar(still to taste)
1 Anaheim chili
1tlbs oil

No comments:

Post a Comment